Banana Nut Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl: make a well in center.
- Mix milk, egg, oil, banana and walnuts in a small bowl. Pour mixture into well.
- Mix batter just until moistened, do not over mix.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or until muffins are golden brown. About 15 minutes
I used pecans instead of the walnuts.
Blueberries or raisins may be substituted for the mashed banana.
Next time I'm going to add some mini chocolate chips too.
Not a real sweet muffin but we liked them.
They freeze well too.