These are my favorite Sugar Cookies
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar in mixing bowl.
- Add egg, vanilla, and baking powder, mix until incorporated.
- Add flour, one cup at a time, mixing on low in between additions until it is barely stirred in.
- After the third cup mix a little longer but stop as the dough begins to form and leave the sides of the bowl. It will NOT be all incorporated into a neat dough ball.
- Gather up the dough in the bowl into a ball with your hands.
- Roll out the dough and cut out shapes.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Cool on racks. Decorate when completely cooled or eat them plain.
I find the dough rolls out easily.
I like to ice them with Royal Icing because the icing dries hard.
Got the recipe from Blogger Friend Karen, but sorry to say she no longer blogs.