I thought it would be a good idea to keep some of my recipes here in a blog. Easy to find and easy to share them with you all.
I've tried keeping the recipes in a few on line food web sites in years past and they all have disappeared.



Sunday, December 25, 2016

Pfeffernuesse Cookies

Pfeffernuesse Cookies

3/4 cup molasses 
1/2 cup butter
2 beaten eggs
4 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons cinammon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
dash pepper
confectioners sugar

In saucepan combine molasses and butter.
Cook and stir till butter melts.
Cool to room temperature.
Stir in beaten eggs.
Sift flour, sugar,  baking soda,  and spices together and add to molasses mixture. 
Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
Baked on greased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.
Cool, roll in confectioners sugar.
Makes 4 1/2 dozen

I put the confectioners sugar in a zip lock bag and then add some of the baked cookies and shake.  Lots quicker than rolling each cookie.

These are one of my favorite Christmas cookies.

Happy Baking  🍪

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen, this recipe sounds very doable. Must get some molasses next time I am shopping.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
It will make me happy if you leave a comment. 😊