Broccoli Cheese Soup
- One large head of broccoli, chopped - smallish
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 Oz cream cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese - shredded
- 1 garlic clove minced (I put in 4)
- 1 small onion
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place broccoli, garlic, and onion in large pot with chicken broth. Boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook 10 minutes or till tender.
- Add butter, cream, and cream cheese.
- When cream cheese has melted add cheddar and stir. Make sure heat is low so it doesn't stick.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ready to eat after cheese melts,
I copied this recipe off blogger friend Debby's Blog.
This is one of my favorite soups.
It is also very good substituting potatoes for the broccoli.
Happy Eating 🍲