Pages

Friday, January 6, 2017

Chili

Chili
1 lb ground beef
1 lb hot pork sausage
onion
garlic
large can crushed tomatoes
6 oz can tomato paste
1 can red kidney beans undrained (recipe calls for 2 but I use one)
1 cup bell pepper, chopped
1 cup celery chopped
pepper
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons hot chili powder 

Brown meat
Add chopped onion and garlic.
Add rest of ingredients.
Cook 8 - 10 hours. 
I put in it my slow cooker but you can cook it on the stove on low, stirring occasionally.

My friend Sue gave me this recipe many years ago when we lived in Puerto Rico.  
I always think of her when I make this.  

Happy Eating 🍲

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I love chili. using the spicy sausage is a great idea. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't beat a good Chili - this looks great

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the same recipe you made for our Mexican Game night and it was fabulous! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
It will make me happy if you leave a comment. 😊

Roasted Italian Sausage and Vegetables

One Pan Roasted Sausage and Vegetables 1 Pound Italian sausage, cut in 1 inch slices 2 Potatoes, cut in 1 inch cubes 3 Bell peppers, cut in ...