- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream together by hand, butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and vanilla.
- Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt.
- With small ice cream scoop, shape dough into small balls. I used the Pampered Chef small scoop.
- In ziplock sandwich bag, mix the 3 Tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon.
- Drop one ball of dough in mixture at a time and coat well. I did two at a time.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet
- Bake 8 minutes, remove immediately from baking sheets and cool on wire rack.
I couldn't find the recipe I used last time so found this one on line.
Glad I couldn't find it because I like this one better.
Have fun baking and enjoy a cookie or two. 🍪