Smoked Sausage Skillet
- 1 pkg Hillshire Farm smoked sausage, diagonally sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 pkg frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups rice
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Heat olive oil an garlic in skillet
- Stir in smoked sausage slices and cook until browned.
- Add pepper, onion, broccoli, broth and tomato sauce and simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- In the meantime, prepare rice according to package instructions.
- Stir rice into the skillet, sprinkle with cheese and serve.
It is quick and easy too and serves 4 - 6.
I didn't have have a red bell pepper so used a green bell pepper. Next time I'll use a red one, which will make it more colorful.