Cherry Dessert Cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks of butter or margarine)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract - I used vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
- Powdered sugar to dust over top, optional
- In large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, beat til light and fluffy.
- Add almond extract. Stir in the flour and baking powder. Mix until smooth.
- Turn mixture into a greased 13 x 9 cake pan.
- Spoon the pie filling into the cake, in 16 spots, spacing 4 spoonfuls evenly in each direction.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden and cake tests done. Filling will sink into the cake while baking.
- When completely cooled sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
It is very good and very easy to make
You can also serve with ice cream or whipped cream and it would be even better.
I'm sure it would also be good with blueberry or apple filling too.
Happy Eating 🍰