Traditional White Bread ( bread machine)
1.5 pound loaf
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
2. Measure and add dry ingredients (except yeast) to the bread pan.
3. Use your finger to form a well in the flour where you will put the yeast. Yeast must NOT come into contact with the liquid when adding ingredients. Measure yeast and carefully pour it into the well.
4. Snap the baking pan into the bread pan and close the lid.
At this point you can continue and let the bread machine do the rising and the baking.
5. Press the Menu Selection to choose the Basic Setting.
6. Press the Loaf Size button and choose the 1.5 pound setting.
7. Press the Crust Color button to choose the crust setting you want.
8. Press the Start/Stop button.
OR what I do when I get to number 5 is press The Menu selection to Dough.
The dough will mix and then rise and in 1 1/2 hours the timer goes off.
Take the dough out and shape in roll, tuck ends under.
Put in a greased loaf pan.
Cover, let rise for 45 minutes.
Bake for 40 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
Cool on rack.
Enjoy a slice of warm bread. 🍞