Chicken Asparagus Stir Fry
|with rice and tomato wedges|
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken cut into strips
- 1 lb fresh asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 med carrots quartered
- 4 green onions, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2/3 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Tomato cut into wedges
- In large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook till no longer pink, about 5 minutes. (10 minutes for me) Remove from pan.
- Add next 5 ingredients and stir fry until vegetables are crisp-tender, 4 - 5 minutes.
- Combine water, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Add to skillet, cook until sauce is thickened. (I added an extra cup of water because it got too thick.) Return chicken to skillet and heat through.
- Serve with rice and tomato
Both Ken and I thought it was good, not fantastic but I will make it again.
So nice using fresh asparagus out of our garden.
It was good with the rice but the tomato didn't seem to go with it and next time I would omit that.
Happy Eating. 🍴 🍗