Stuffed Pepper SoupIngredients
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 6 cups water
- 28 oz can tomato sauce
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chopped green peppers
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook and stir beef until no longer pink, drain.
- Stir in next eight ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer uncovered until peppers are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add cooked rice, simmer 10 minutes longer.
- If desired sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley
Didn't add salt because thought the bouillon would be salty enough.
We both thought it very good.
Quick and easy too.
Calories for 1 cup is 337
Happy Eating 🍲