Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Viking Cookies

Viking Cookies
Recipe from the book 
Carrot Cake Murder by Joanne Fluke

I've written the recipe in half because the full recipe makes 
10 to 12 dozen and just seemed like too many.
I can always double it if I need to make a lot.

Ingredients 
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon cardamon (nutmeg will also work) I used nutmeg.
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cups rolled oates
Directions
  1. Melt butter in large microwave-safe bowl.
  2. Mix in the brown and white sugars.
  3. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, eggs, vanilla, and spices.  Make sure all is mixed in thoroughly.
  4. Add flour in 1/2 cup increments, mixing after each addition.  Then add white chocolate chips and stir thoroughly.
  5. Add oatmeal and mix.  Dough will be quite stiff.
  6. Drop by teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet.  (I used the Pampered Chef small scoop and made 70 cookies)
  7. Flatten cookies on the sheet with a greased metal spatula.  You don't have to smush them all the way down so they look like pancakes, just one squish will do it.
  8. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 11 to 13 minutes or until they are golden brown.  13 minutes and they are a crunchy.  11 minutes they will be softer which is they way I liked them.
  9. Cool cookies for 1 to 2 minutes on the cookie sheet and then remove them to a wire rack to cool completely.
We thought they were very good.
Happy eating  🍪

5 comments:

  1. Yum...white chocolate is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed them, thanks for sharing the recipe.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am sure that they were. You are right about the recipe size. I often use my Svenson recipe for large gatherings or potlucks at church, funerals and the like

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn’t have white chocolate chips but I did have pumpkin spice chips that I used instead and it was great since the cookies are sorta a spice cookie. Thanks for cutting the recipe in half now I’ll use yours

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
It will make me happy if you leave a comment. 😊

Roasted Italian Sausage and Vegetables

One Pan Roasted Sausage and Vegetables 1 Pound Italian sausage, cut in 1 inch slices 2 Potatoes, cut in 1 inch cubes 3 Bell peppers, cut in ...