English Muffin Loaves
- 5 1/2 - 6 cups flour
- 2 packages yeast
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine 3 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt and soda.
- Heat liquids until very warm (120 - 130 degrees F)
- Add to dry mixture;
- Beat well.
- Stir in enough more flour to make a stiff batter.
- Spoon into two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 pans that have been greased and sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Sprinkle tops with cornmeal.
- Cover, let rise in a war place for 45 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool.
Here are a couple of slices that have been toasted and buttered.