- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- Beat butter, sugars till smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time beating after each.
- Beat in sour cream and vanilla till combined.
- Add dry ingredients alternating with milk.
- Fold in berries.
- Spoon into a 9 x 5 greased loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 60 - 65 minutes.
- Loosely cover bread with tin foil 1/2 after half an hour to keep bread from getting to brown.
- Toothpick should come out clean when done.
- Cool on rack
Ken thought it would be just as good without any blueberries in it.
Also I'm sure you could add apples, cherries or chocolate chips instead.