- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In shallow dish beat eggs with water and pepper. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with aluminum foil and coat generously with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- Dip each eggplant round in the egg mixture, then in the bread crumbs, coating completely. Place on the baking sheets in a single layer, then spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then turn slices over and spray with cooking spray, bake for 15 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and place about 1 tablespoon spaghetti sauce on each. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese and return to oven and bake 4 to 5 minutes more or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is melted.
Both of us liked this a lot.
Will definitely be making this again.
It's a hand held eggplant Parmesan. 😄