Saltine Cracker Toffee
- 40 saltine crackers or enough to line your pan
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups milk chocolate or semisweet chips (I used semisweet)
1. Line cookie sheet (I used jelly roll pan) with aluminum foil.
Lay crackers out in a single layer.
2. In sauce pan combine sugar and butter.
Stir and bring to a boil.
Boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly, it will thicken and turn darker.
Immediately pour over saltine and spread to cover crackers completely.
It is sticky so don't bear down too hard, spread lightly.
4. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over top.
Wait 1 - 2 minutes, then you can top with sprinkles or chopped nuts if desired.
5. Cool completely and break into pieces.
Putting pan in refrigerator for an hour will firm it up quickly.
Very good and easy too.
Hope you like it!
Got the recipe from my friend Pam.
Thanks Pam!! 🙂