We like the spicy chicken sandwich at Burger King or Wendy's and I found this recipe to make at home. We put the chicken on a Kaiser roll, with mayonnaise, lettuce, and a tomato slice and it is just as good or better.
- 4 (4 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup Hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup flour
- 5 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking pan with cooking spray. Mix pepper sauce and water in a recloseable plastic bag.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large recloseable plastic bag.
- Put chicken in bag with hot pepper sauce and toss to coat.
- Take chicken one piece at a time and shake in bag of dry mixture, coat well.
- Place chicken on baking pan and coat chicken with the cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with hot pepper sauce and spray more cooking spray on the chicken.
- Turn and bake another 30 minutes.
Happy Eating 🙂