- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Combine flour sugar and baking powder
- Add milk, butter and vanilla. Beat on low speed till combined, beat on high speed two minutes
- Add eggs and beat two more minutes
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9 x 1 1/2 inch round cake pans.
- Bake in a preheated 370 degree oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick come out clean
- Cool on wire racks. Ice when completely cooled.
I like the cake with Chocolate Icing and the recipe I use can be found HERE.
Also delicious with just a dusting of icing sugar.