Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2022

Honey Bread

 Honey Bread


This is an old recipe of my friend Bernice's grandmother's 
who gave it to me many years ago.


  • Cream 3/4 cup of butter and 2 cups sugar
  • Beat in 4 eggs
  • Add 3/4 cup honey
Sift together
  • 4 cups Rye flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ginger
  • Add to mixture alternating with 1 cup buttermilk.
No buttermilk? 
A substitute is 1 tablespoon lemon juice in cup filled rest of the way with milk.

Pour into 2 greased loaf pans.
Bake one hour at 350 degrees.

I find that the middles didn't bake enough in two loaves so I make 3 loaves and still keep them in the oven the full hour and they came out fine.

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by.
It will make me happy if you leave a comment. 😊

Roasted Italian Sausage and Vegetables

One Pan Roasted Sausage and Vegetables 1 Pound Italian sausage, cut in 1 inch slices 2 Potatoes, cut in 1 inch cubes 3 Bell peppers, cut in ...