Cake Donuts and Holes
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- oil for frying
- In mixing bowl stir together 2 1/4 cups of the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl combine eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer till thick. Set aside.
- Combine milk and melted butter.
- Add flour mixture and milk mixture alternatly to egg mixture, beating just till blended after each addition.
- Stir in remaining cup of flour, cover dough, chill about 2 hours.
On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
Cut with a floured 2 1/2 inch donut cutter. Reroll as necessary.
Fry two or three donuts at a time in deep hot fat (375 degrees) about one minute on each side or till golden, turning once with a slotted spoon.
Drain on paper towels.
Repeat with remaining donuts and donuts holes.
If desired drizzle with icing sugar glaze, or shake in a bag with sugar or icing sugar.
Makes 13 -15 donuts and donut holes.
These are much better than the donuts made in the air fryer.